Monday, May 05, 2008

I am the worst blogger ever ...

Yesterday, I went to ThreadBear to take a class with Susanna Hansson on Rovaniemi mittens. But did I remember my camera? Of course not. Because I am the worst blogger ever. See title above.

You'll have to make do with the photos of my project in process.

We started with worsted weight yarn as a practice piece ---
And then we moved to the fine weight Finnish yarn and smaller needles. In my case, 0000s. It's like knitting with fettucine.

This technique is fascinating. It's intarsia -- see the little skeins? Eleven little skeins. It's stranded. And it's weaving -- look at the inside.

Too cool. And Susanna is a great teacher. Particularly for those of you, like me, who are former Catholic school students. She kind of reminded me of Sister Jean Albert.

On other, larger needles -- the Mirage pullover is moving along.



Slowly, but at least it's moving.


Lastly, I leave you with a photo of one of the two most beautiful things I have ever made --




Oh, ok, and here she is with her boyfriend

2 comments:

Cecelia...librarian...bookseller said...

Awww...she looks so pretty! Send me pics!

Anonymous said...

ohhhhhhhh she is so so so so so cute. congrats mom. you make great people!