Sunday, January 13, 2008

Brrrr!

We woke up this morning to cold air blowing from the furnace vents. Scott is in the basement even as I type, trying to figure out what's wrong with the blasted thing. Meanwhile, let us give thanks for wool.


Yesterday was our monthly Spinner's Flock meeting. This is a great group, and I am thankful for the years of help they have given me (and many others) in learning to spin.

There was spinning and chatting --

shopping (so much fleece, so little time) --

and a happy gathering of fellow fiber addicts --


Not all of our members are, precisely speaking, human. This little guy provides some lovely angoraEspecially after his haircut --


I bought a few books about weaving, which serve to teach me that there is so much I do not know. Lessons are clearly in my future.

I am casting off the Ice Queen and am hoping to wear it this week. And I finished the Norwegian-patterned hat I designed for Scott.

Pictures will follow, but my fingers are getting too cold for the keyboard. I hear Scott on the phone with the furnace-repair guy, so I'm going to head out for practice driving with my daughter --- the car will be warm, and the adrenaline rush will keep me alert.

No comments: