Sunday, October 14, 2007

Caught in the act

Today, Scott was going to a camera show. Perfect time to get in some knitting on his Christmas vest, right?

So, I went to the Appleumpkin Festival --- with crowds of scarecrows


and crowds of the more traditional sort --


and then I ducked into the yarn store and sat happily knitting with Beth. When I heard her say, "Well, hellllooo," I knew without looking who would be standing there. Like last year with his Dale of Norway sweater, I was once again caught in the act--although I think he has no idea what this year's gift is. Given its progress, or lack thereof, who could blame him? For the record, it's the back of the Flying Geese vest.
The back. To the armholes only.
And it's the middle of October.
Given the list of other gifts I need to make, the panic is quietly beginning to set in.

No comments: