Friday, October 19, 2007

Stash Enhancement

My brother-in-law and sister-in-law are going to have a baby -- yessss!
A baby to knit for that I get to hand back when its diapers are full. Perfect.
Since I have to work all weekend -- poooooor me --- I took a little time off this afternoon and went to Thread Bear in Lansing. I'd say it was like being a kid in a candy store, but candy stores have nothing on yarn stores.

If you haven't been to Thread Bear and you live anywhere within a couple hour's (heck, within a day's) drive of Lansing, you should definitely go. Go now. It's a little yarn mecca.

I was hoping to pick up a Dream in Color kit for the Tulip baby sweater. I read in Franklin's blog that they had some at Thread Bear, but alas, there was only one left -- in the original colorway. Now, I am pretty enchanted with this sweater, and I love the original colorway, but it's got a little too much pink for a gender-neutral sweater. (At least, I'm pretty sure my brother-in-law will think so.)
So I opted for this yarn instead --
It's wool, it's washable, and best of all from Scott's point of view -- it's Norwegian! The photo really doesn't do it justic -- the colors are clear and springy, perfect for a baby due in March. I think I'm going to make EZ's baby surprise jacket with it -- I love the way it magically comes together at the end.
I will wait until the Christmas knitting is done before I begin. I will.






No comments: