Friday, December 21, 2007

Christmas countdown

Ack! We celebrate Christmas tomorrow with my family, and I still need to bake cookies (peanut blossoms, butter cookies with icing and gingersnaps to replace the ones my son apparently found). I have a squash casserole to make, and not a gift has been wrapped.

Oh, and the knitting.

Scott's vest is still not finished. I had picked up all the stitches for the buttonband the other night, when the cable for my Knitpicks Options needles snapped. And stitches slid smoothly off that nice flexible material. Sigh. I'm hopeful this is just a fluke with one cable, and not indicative of a problem, because otherwise, I love these needles. No snagging at the join, smooth -- love them.

I have now picked up the dropped stitches, knitted past the buttonholes-- and just need to do a couple more rows on the button band. Then the armhole bands, the side seams, sewing on the buttons and blocking!

I also have to put the cuffs on these --

Felted mittens for my daughter.

Although I feel slightly overwhelmed, I realize my knitting schedule is nothing compared to Stephanie's. I figure if she can get all those projects finished in time, then I too should be able to travel through a rift in the space-time continuum and do the same.

Merry Christmas.

No comments: