Monday, December 03, 2007

It would help if I read the pattern ...

I was busily knitting away on a felted tote for my sister-in-law, when I realized there was no way I was going to have enough yarn.


I don't mean I was a little short -- I mean I only had about half of what I need. I have no idea how I did this. I bought the yarn (Lamb's Pride Worsted) and the contrasting yarn (Noro Kureyon) and the pattern (Fiber Trends) all at the SAME place -- Fingerlakes Fibers in Watkins Glen, NY.


At first, I thought maybe I just started knitting the wrong size. But no, I don't have enough for even the smallest size and I know that wasn't what I intended anyway. The Kureyon will be fine -- it's the Lamb's Pride I'm woefully short of. I think I need about 1400 yards, and I have 600.

Obviously, I did not read the pattern.

At all.

So it was off to ThreadBear in Lansing today. GREAT place, if you haven't been there. Matt is ordering my yarn. And with any luck, I'll get it in time to finish the bag.

If not, my sister-in-law will be really happy with her "make your own felted bag" kit, won't she?

No comments: