Monday, December 17, 2007

Sometimes I love winter

Like many people in the Midwest, we had a few inches of snow on Sunday. Fortunately for us, we had none of the negative power outages or tragedies that many others experienced. Instead, we are left with this ---


It looks like Christmas!

I finished the felted tote for Kathy. Remember that I did not buy nearly enough yarn for this when I was at Fingerlakes Fibers in Watkins Glen, NY? So, I had Matt from ThreadBear in Lansing order me some. Not only did it come in time, it was the SAME dye lot. I felt like Julie Andrews singing, "Somewhere in my youth or childhood, I must have done something good."

Since Scott was around all weekend (which is a good thing and yet makes gift knitting so hard), I got a chance to knit up a pair of felted mittens for Caroline

I just need to add cuffs and they can go in the stocking on Christmas morning.

Now, if I can just get back to Scott's vest.

No comments: