Friday, April 18, 2008

Ahhhh....

I give you ...



spring!

And thankful am I to finally see it.

So, being fickle and constantly lured by the siren song of new projects, I have momentarily abandoned these --

wool socks. Because on Monday, I went to Thread Bear and got this --



As promised, Rob had asked Jillian and Amy to sign a personalized copy for me, which was waiting at the counter with a chocolate cupcake/mocha buttercream frosting. The perfect lunch!


After licking my fingers clean, I went to fondle yarn. (Just kidding about the fingers, Rob. Really.) I was pretty sure I wanted to make Lisa Rowe's Mirage pullover from the book, so I actually bought the recommended yarn --

Classic Elite's Classic Silk in a pretty salmon pink. I think this may be the first time I've bought the yarn specified in the pattern. As soon as I got home, I abandoned my poor woolly sock and cast on --


The color is better than the picture, really. The yarn is a silk and cotton blend, which I'm liking a lot better than 100% cotton. I really am all about the wool.

The pattern is easy, and I'm knitting it on size 5 needles. After all the socks and lace, these things feel like broomsticks in my hands. It's probably hand-healthy to change back and forth -- preventing cramping and carpal tunnel, right? Yes -- this is my justification for having many projects on many different needles.

I'll be on the train to Chicago on Monday morning, so I'm sure I'll be back to the sock for the trip. And I get in to Union Station about two hours before my meeting --hmmm, I wonder how early Loopy Yarns opens?

No comments: