Sunday, April 13, 2008

When you want a camera ...

Yesterday was our Spinner's Flock meeting. I thought about bringing the camera. And then thought -- "Oh, hey, it's just elections; I don't really need it, do I?"

So I left it home. Heck, I didn't even bring the spinning wheel -- I just knew it was going to be a busy meeting. And it was -- but we had a full slate of officers, so the election went quickly and smoothly.

Of course, when I don't bring the camera is exactly when I want it. Because yesterday, Amy Singer and Jillian Moreno showed up at our meeting. They were in the area for the worldwide launch of their new book, More Big Girl Knits today at Threadbear in Lansing. One of our guild members, Lisa Rowe (spinsterrowe on Ravelry) has a design in the new book.

I introduced them during the business meeting, but do I have pictures? Of course not -- that would involve having the camera.

But I did get my very own knitty.com button from Amy Singer.

And Rob at Threadbear has promised to save me a signed copy of the book.

And maybe a cupcake.

Life is good.

1 comment:

Carina said...

I forgot my camera for that meeting, too. D'Oh! I was so shocked when I looked back there and saw Amy just smiling and knitting away. Awesome!

Good thing they're saving you a cupcake--they were divine! I've never had a better cupcake, and that's saying something. I took one of her cards, 'cause you never know when you need an amazing cupcake.