Friday, April 11, 2008

Today will be a good day

So far, this week has been ... interesting.

Here's a picture of the lace stole ...

Oh, right, I had to rip it back. Again.

And here is the clapotis I started in the leftover gold silk (handpainted, beautiful) that I used to knit my sister-in-law's wedding gift evening bag.

Oh yeah. Dropped an edge stitch. In silk. Ripped it out.
Twice.

Now, I am going to go rent a car, since mine is still having the tufts of deer hair pulled out of it and the smashed bits replaced. And while I am grateful that I'm uninjured, etc., etc., I am still mightily annoyed at the deer. (Since it's dead, however, the annoyance thing only carries so far)

But, TODAY! Today will be a good day. I am going to lunch with another sister-in-law. (I realize that this designation is somewhat honorary -- we were married to brothers. We divorced them. But hey, I didn't divorce her - and she is more of an aunt to my children than some of their "real" relatives)

And then, I am going to Ann Arbor to listen to Stephanie Pearl-McPhee, aka The Yarn Harlot. I am fully prepared to knit, to laugh, and then to go to Busy Hands to party.

Hope I'll see you there.

No comments: